Winston has assisted numerous companies with their restructuring efforts, both out-of-court and during Chapter 11 proceedings, and has served in a variety of senior-level positions, including CRO and CEO. In 2010, Winston’s work with Pilgrim’s Pride received the TMA Turnaround of the Year Award.
- CRO to Pacific Ethanol, a publicly traded producer of specialty alcohols, overseeing its successful operational turnaround and debt structuring. Pivoted toward higher margin products and increased quarterly EBITDA by $40MM+, allowing to significantly reduce its debt burden and access capital markets to improve its liquidity position.
- CRO to NORPAC, one of the largest frozen vegetable supplier. Managed its Chapter 11 bankruptcy filing, 363 asset sales, and subsequent plan of liquidation.
- Part of a team that served as Interim CRO and CFO to an ethnic grocery store chain. Key responsibilities included cost reductions, vendor relations, and cash management.
- Financial advisor to agriculture business in a $65MM refinancing following events of default. Developed and implemented cash management solution, identified operational changes and cost-saving initiatives, and provided a strategic review of alternatives.
- CRO and financial advisor to a cooperative of cranberry growers, where he successfully implemented a Chapter 11 Plan of Reorganization. Identified and implemented operational changes to reduce costs by over 20% and improve production yields by over 10%.