Gene has managed companies through complex operational and financial restructurings as well as advised several companies through complex out-of-court and Chapter 11 restructurings. He has advised on more than 35 engagements in the restaurant industry working with restaurant owners, lenders, landlords, franchisees and franchisors, and unsecured creditor committees. His leadership enables companies to develop and implement effective restructuring plans, improve efficiencies, reduce costs and significantly improve operating results.
Gene is the author of numerous articles about the operational and financial management of multi-unit retail businesses and in 2014 was awarded the Turnaround Management Association’s Small Transaction of the Year Award.
- Interim CEO for Garden Fresh Restaurants, LLC a 97-unit soup and salad cafeteria chain.
- Interim CRO and CFO for Real Mex restaurants, a privately held 129-unit Mexican casual dining chain.
- CFO for 130-unit fast food franchisee of Pizza Hut, Long John Silver’s and Grandy’s.
- Interim CFO for Benihana, a 100 unit publicly held Japanese-themed casual dining chain.
- Interim CEO for Fazoli’s, a 350+ unit privately held quick service Italian chain.